The National Association of Sporting Rifle & Pistol Clubs will hold an EGM in the Abbeyleix Suite Maldron Hotel Portlaoise on Saturday, 29th February 2020 @ 2pm
At the Annual General Meeting (AGM), as a consequence of a number of positions on the executive committee of the NASRPC being left unfilled, Munster Target Shooting Club, IPAPC, Bracken, MNSCI, Lough Bo and Donegal Target clubs provided a written request for an EGM. The single purpose of this EGM request is to elect members to the committee.
At the AGM, it was agreed that the election of officers be completed at the next Governing Body Meeting. However to provide transparency to the process of electing committee members, we will hold an EGM for the purposes of the election, at which all members of clubs affiliated to the NASRPC are welcome to attend.
For the EGM election of committee members, we will use the existing agreed AGM nomination process for this, as documented in the Rules and Constitution. This meeting will be held on the date previously agreed at the AGM, of Saturday 29th February, 2020.
The organisation asks for nominations for officers for the following roles:
- Vice Secretary
- Competition Director
- Development officer
- Public Relations Officer
- Child Protection Officer
Please find the nomination form in the appendix of NASRPC Rules and Constitution
Please note the following as per the constitution and rules:
- All nominations must be proposed by a member club and must be seconded by another member club.
- All nominations must be submitted on the prescribed Nomination form (see appendix of NASRPC Rules and Constitution) and received by the secretary of the Association, no later than fourteen (14) days prior to the date of AGM.
- All nominees to be eligible for election to the Executive Committee must be a current member, in good standing, of a member, in good standing, of the association.
- A nominee who is not in attendance at the Annual General Meeting shall not be eligible for election unless prior written notice of the reason for absence is submitted to either the Chairman or the Secretary.
- In the event of there being only one valid nomination for any post the Chairman shall declare that nominee elected.
Due to the fact that the NASRPC Currently has no incumbent Secretary, all nominations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
As this an EGM, to give clubs time to nominate candidates, all nominations must be received from club secretaries by close of Business, 22nd February 2020
Abbeyleix Rd, Meelick,